Thursday, June 14, 2012

TDHorror Retro Review

Two days before it'd of been a month from my last Retro Review. My goal is the twenty seventh. And I will do it, because you know I lost a social life. Looking for a bit of nostalgia? Look no further than a Hammer Horror non-classic!



"The fabulous thing about Christopher Lee is I rarely ever see him smile, so when the act does occur it's so unnatural in scope that it adds a layer of creepiness to his performance. Not that it isn't naturally disturbing on it's own, as of course it is being played by Lee, who masters the satanic priest without hesitation. Supporting cast members Honor Blackman and Michael Goodliffe are almost adorable in their side story love that I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed them when they came on screen. The luscious use of blood is stunning and paired with the stain glass windows of the church opt for an impressive use of cinematography. Director Peter Skyes and DP David Watkin also do lovely architectural shots from their set location. However Hammer fans will notice a lack of gothic overtones to the films air"


Read me here.

No comments: